Date

TSC Nominations for the 2023-2024 term due 06/14

Christopher Simmons

Dear TSC Members,

The OpenHPC Technical Steering Committee (TSC) is approaching completion of its seventh year of operations and would like to invite nominees interested in volunteering on the TSC for the 2023-2024 term.  Interested parties can self-nominate (or be nominated by others) and terms are intended to be for one year in duration (beginning in July 2023).  Additional information on what to submit along with pointers to more information on the selection process is summarized below:

For those interested, this is a great opportunity to help with future releases, review submission requests, and help steer the overall technical direction for the project.

Best,

Chris

Additional Details:

Event: TSC Nomination and Voting period - Thursday, June 1, 2023 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: TSC Nomination and Voting period

When:
Thursday, June 1, 2023 through
Friday, June 30, 2023

View Event

Nomination: TSC candidates may either self-nominate or be nominated by others from within the community. When a candidate is not self-nominated, the current project leader must contact the nominee prior to the voting process in order confirm interest and willingness to serve on the TSC. All nominees are asked to provide a current CV for dissemination among voting members and to highlight potential conflicts of interest.

Re: Update and No TSC meeting tomorrow, Apr 5th

Martin Grigorov

Hi Chris,

We will join the next meeting!

Regards,
Martin

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 at 18:22, Christopher Simmons <csim@...> wrote:

Hey Martin et. al.,

Would the Openeuler / Huawei team be able to join us at the next TSC to discuss the ARM servers and adding them to our CI?

The next TSC is Wednesday the 19th at 11 AM eastern (GMT/UTC – 4)

Best,

Chris

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Martin Grigorov via lists.openhpc.community <martin.grigorov=gmail.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 5:02 AM
To: tsc@... <tsc@...>
Cc: jiangyikun <jiangyikun@...>
Subject: Re: [OpenHPC TSC] Update and No TSC meeting tomorrow, Apr 5th

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 9:20 PM Martin Grigorov <martin.grigorov@...> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 8:51 PM Christopher Simmons <csim@...> wrote:

Hey All,

Unfortunately, I have a conflict tomorrow during the TSC meeting. We will not be meeting.

Earlier today, Karl, Adrian, and I met to discuss release updates for 3.0 with a target release for before ISC. ISC starts May 21st. In order to sign packages for RHEL 9, we have to use a new signing key for OBS as RHEL 9 no longer supports SHA1-based keys. Earlier today, Adrian generated an updated SHA256 key with the goal of using this for the 3.0 factory. We are still figuring out the best way to update the signing key for 3.x without impacting (or with minimal impact) for 2.x users.

A few weeks ago, I updated the default branch on GitHub to be 3.x (from 2.x). This is so Junit results from testing can be ingested into PRs as a comment. Thanks Adrian for this work and we will look more closely at it the next TSC meeting.

Karl has added Rocky 9.1 into OBS, and we aim to start testing 3.x with Warewulf CI on Rocky 9 by end of this week.

Before the 3.x release, we aim to switch the Intel compiler to use the clang-based backend instead of the classic compiler interfaces we’ve been using. This has not happened yet.

Updated ARM compilers are now available for RHEL and SuSE and updated compilers are working except for plasma, tau, and opencoarrays. While we can certainly build software for ARM and run the software test suite, at this time, we do not have any bare metal ARM hardware. For this release, we might have to just forego bare metal testing.

Actually, I wanted to join the meeting tomorrow about this topic.

As discussed some months ago, Huawei is still willing to donate 6 bare metal ARM64 machines, with openEuler OS!

The machines are available and ready to use! Recently we tested the warewulf3 updates on them.

Friendly ping!

Regards,

Martin

Kind regards,

Martin

Finally, it’s that time of year again to start thinking about the OHPC mentorship program. Please be ready to discuss possible projects and/or volunteer for mentoring at our next meeting.

Let me know if there are any questions and talk to y’all next time!

Best,

Chris

Friday, June 30, 2023

View Event

[...]

Cancelled Event: OpenHPC TSC biweekly - Wednesday, March 22, 2023 #cal-cancelled

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Cancelled: OpenHPC TSC biweekly

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/773628205?pwd=KzBGT2tNS2ZGSGZMYWJva3FRdXcwUT09

Organizer: ncaidin@... ncaidin@...

OpenHPC Project is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OpenHPC TSC (biweekly)
Time: Jan 12, 2022 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/upMuceugrDsvr6e4Qky-RZRqib6b3FSwHg/ics?icsToken=98tyKu6vrT0oEtaVtVzHf7MqE5nqbN_ylGMYr_dslwaoMRphcwr0YOARFIFoON-B

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/773628205?pwd=KzBGT2tNS2ZGSGZMYWJva3FRdXcwUT09

Meeting ID: 773 628 205
Passcode: 511208
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,773628205# US (New York)
+13017158592,,773628205# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 773 628 205
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aczBl3zjim

-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-
Do not edit this section of the description.

View your event at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=NnI1bmhmcTdqbm1nbWwwZHNmczlnODMwNjMgdHNjQGxpc3RzLm9wZW5ocGMuY29tbXVuaXR5&tok=MjcjbmNhaWRpbkBsaW51eGZvdW5kYXRpb24ub3JnNTUzMjExOTIyN2IyOTdmNzkyNmM2NjQ3NDZiODljYjhlZDI5MWRiNg&ctz=America%2FNew_York&hl=en&es=1.
-::~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~::-

No TSC Biweekly tomorrow (March 22nd)

Christopher Simmons

Hey All,

There will be no TSC meeting tomorrow. I will be traveling.

Best,

Chris

PERC2023 Support

Jeremy Siadal (Intel)

Just saw that PERC is in Portland, OR this year. Please add me to the attendee list and I’d be happy to support any of our activities.

Regards,

Jeremy Siadal

OpenHPC and Cluster Softwre

Intel Corporation

Hope to see you at SC 22 and Final call for booth help

Neal Caidin

Dear TSC Community,

We look forward to seeing some of you next week in Dallas! Please drop by the booth and say hi. We are at booth 2739.

If you have time to help staff the booth, that would be appreciated too.

Please sign up here:

Best,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
Durham, NC, U.S.A. - Eastern time zone
+1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
+1 (919) 949-1861 (m)

SC 22 booth signup

Neal Caidin

Dear TSC Members,

Please help us staff the booth for SC 22.

Sign up sheet:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
Durham, NC, U.S.A. - Eastern time zone
+1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
+1 (919) 949-1861 (m)

No TSC biweekly tomorrow (Oct 19)

Christopher Simmons

Hey All,

There will be no TSC meeting tomorrow. I’ll be traveling during our meeting slot.

Best,
Chris

SC 22 booth signup

Neal Caidin

Dear All,

If you wish to help out with the OpenHPC booth at SC 22 the booth sign up sheet is:

Best regards,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Program Manager, Program Management & Operations
The Linux Foundation
+1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h)
+1 (919) 949-1861 (m)

Cancelled Event: OpenHPC TSC biweekly - Wednesday, September 7, 2022 #cal-cancelled

Wednesday, September 7, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
[...]

No TSC Meeting Tomorrow (9/7)

Christopher Simmons

Hey All,

There will be no TSC meeting tomorrow. I will be in NSF panels all day.

Best,

Chris

No TSC Meeting this week (Wednesday June 13th)

Christopher Simmons

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that there is no TSC meeting this week. PEARC is this week and we have our BoF tomorrow.

Best,
Chris

--
Dr. Christopher S. Simmons
Director, Cyber-infrastructure Researcher Support

Re: TSC Selections for the 2022/2023 Term

Christopher Simmons

Hey All,

Please disregard this email. I meant to send this to the private TSC list not the public one. My apologizes for the inconvenience.

Best,

Chris