Fw: ISC 2020 BoF: Update and Invitation for ISC 2021

David Brayford

FYI

From: Masha Sosonkina <do_not_reply@...>
Sent: 24 April 2020 18:29
To: Brayford, David
Subject: ISC 2020 BoF: Update and Invitation for ISC 2021

Dear BoF Organizers and Speakers,

Due to the COVID-19, there will be no ISC 2020 in Frankfurt (please see https://www.isc-hpc.com/
www.isc-hpc.com
ISC High Performance - The Event for High Performance Computing, Networking & Storage. ISC 2020 is dedicated to tackling HPC technological development and its application in scientific fields, as well as its adoption in commercial environments.

for the announcement). Certain ISC 2020 program activities have been moved to a virtual format.

The Birds-of-a-Feather sessions are proposed and organized as highly interactive and informal.
By using a digital-only format, it may be difficult to address these two important features of BoFs.
Hence, the ISC'2020 Program Committee has decided that BoFs will not be held this June, regretfully.

Instead, the 2020-accepted BoFs are invited to organize their sessions at ISC 2021.
We believe that each BoF encompasses a well-defined community that will be just as relevant in 2021,
and sincerely hope that you accept this invitation and will be willing to organize your BoF in 2021 !

We will ask for a confirmation to present your BoF at ISC 2021 in a few months, for which a separate request for confirmation will be sent.

We would like to thank you again for your BoF contribution and for being patient with this year's hiatus, and we certainly hope to see you the next near. We will continue our BoF chairing duties for ISC 2021.

Please stay healthy and in good spirits,
Masha Sosonkina
ISC 2020-2021 Chair
Roman  Wyrzykowski
ISC 2020-2021 Deputy Chair